I am holding three all-day writing workshops this year on Sunday 22nd April, Sunday 22 July, and Sunday 21 October. They will follow the format of the workshops I held at the Victorian Writers Centre over the past three years (more details on the format below).
The workshops are open to writers of all levels, of both fiction and non-fiction, and of all genres.
The workshops will run from 10.00 am – 4.00 pm and the cost of all three will be $297.00 (includes gst). They will be held at The Wheeler Centre (next to the State Library), Melbourne.
For those of you who have not attended one of my all-day workshops in the past, they involve the following:
- At least two weeks before each workshop date, each participant will email me a piece of work (up to 2000 words)
- I will forward each piece onto each participant, and each participant will read everyone else’s piece.
- On the day of the workshop, each participant will have their writing critically reviewed by all participants including myself. This process has proven very successful and popular.
- Writing exercises will be given in class, based on common problem areas as identified in the review process.
- Individual exercises may also be given to be completed between sessions.
I am limiting the number of participants to 12. At this stage, preference is given to those who book to attend all three workshops.
If you are interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send payment options details. It is a first-come, first-served basis, so the first 12 people to pay will be the participants.
If you have a friend who you think may be interested, or who you want to book with, feel free to send them the link to this blog.
I look forward to hearing from you.